Extract Files from zip and upload to FTP like any other plugin. Remember to upload only files past “Upload folder”
Install our .xml provided with the plugin
Configure our settings according to the way you want at Admincp > Settings > Options > Sync vBulletin to Facebook Groups – vBSocial.com
Step 4: Setting up Facebook
The plugin works with vBulletin’s Facebook Integration. If you already have Facebook Connected with login, then ignore this step.
Create new application on facebook.com (Required for each vB installation)
1. Goto: http://developers.facebook.com/apps, and login
2. Click “Create New App” (top-right)
3. Enter an appropriate App Name, click “Continue”
4. Do their Security Check, click “Submit”
5. On the page that comes up, click “Web Site” from the list on the bottom
6. In the “Site URL” input, enter the URL of the forum root for your vB installation. This should be exactly the same as your Forum URL setting in the Admin CP.
7. Click “Save Changes”
8. Make a note of the “Application ID,” and “Application Secret,” we will need these later.
Enable Facebook Connect on your vB installation
1. Goto your vB site, and login to the admincp
2. Goto “Settings”->”Options”->”Facebook Options” and click “Edit Settings”
3. Check “Yes” for “Enable Facebook Connect”
4. Enter “Application ID” and “Facebook Secret” from the Facebook Developer page
5. Click “Save”
6. Facebook should now be enabled and working
Choose the forum category you want to sync with the group by going to Forums & Moderators > click on forum category: Edit > and find the field:
Enter Facebook Group id which you want to sync with this forum
To figure out what your Facebook ID is, use this site
Its’ now syncing? What’s wrong?
Keep in mind, Facebook and vBulletin both change at their own speeds. API one day can be different that another day. That being said, this plugin is supported limited by manual due to its complex nature.
Check these things if its’ not working:
1. 1. Make sure admin of facebook app, is admin for facebook group
2. Make sure facebook usergroup ID is correct or nothing will work
3. Make sure privacy settings are open at first in the facebook group just to make sure that isn’t conflicting anything and 4th
4. Make sure forum category is open to posting
5. Check if Facebook Connect button works to login users
6. Try creating a new Facebook App. Sometimes it does not work with. (We don’t know this mystery)
7. Create a test group on facebook, and new test group app.
Does this work for large, very active VIP sections?
Untested for large VIP sections.
Can it slow the forum down?
Data is transferred simultaneously back and forth between the forum category and Facebook. If a lot of data is being transferred all the time, it can slow it down, surely, depending on the Facebook server that is connecting to your site, and your server.
How do I prevent unauthorized users from viewing my VIP Data on Facebook?
Make the group secret