- Ability to change vBulletin Seach to Google Search integration: Allow users to integrate google search custom to their google account.
- Google Translation drop down part of header bar.
- Ability to control scroll or not scroll with page.
- Group notifications, for new posts, new people joining the group, new invites to group
- Multi-lingual translations per post. Use google api to translate a post to "x" language, upon request.
- When someone accepts your friend request, you should get a global notification "David has accepted your friend request."
- add to header (ability to disable/enable). Ability to configure link in admincp.
- add "likes" "unlikes" and "lol" or allow me to add other kind, into vBsocial Thanks system.
v.1.0 - Initial Release
v.2.0 - Completed
Add notifications for:
-New reputation comments
-New quotes (daveaite quote you in thread x)
-New replies to your blog
-User chooses which notifications to see
-Overflow text cut-off on long threads.
***Condense notifications like Facebook -
example: 3 users replied to your thread Some random discussion
18 users replied to your thread ________________ = 1 notification not 18 notifications
v.3.0 Ultimate Complete
-Fix allowed usergroups to see notifications bar
-Add Itrader Notifications
-Allow mulitple languages/UTF-8/Latin to work w/notifications
-Add private message notifications
-Option in admincp for admin to remove vBulletin default notifications system
-Compatible with UTF-8
-Allow all user groups
v.5.0 Development Complete (Skipped 4.0 to avoid vbulletin 4 naming confusion)
-Add notifications option for vBSEO Likes
-Possible PM Database error
-Possible Glitch with basic urls for PMS. (Not when using vBSEO)
-new PM dissappear even if you don't open them
-Notifications for vbArcade.
-Notification icon for friend requests.
-Separate notification icons for messages and comments
-Notifications for blog comments
-When new message arrives the plugin detects it, and when I go and bring the popup menu it's marked as NEW, but when I decide not to open it and leave it for later, the NEW message markup is gone, it shows me as it was already read which is not the case as I not clicked on the message. When I got to inbox the message is still NEW but Forum-notifications doesn't show it.
-Deleted and merged threads for this next release.
-Rename to vBsocial Notifications
-Notifications for comments on your status
- Tag people in posts and they get a notification of that post
-Private forums should not show notifications to users who do not have permissions to see those forums including "When someone posts a reply, or when someone replies to your thread"
-Optimize speed (make it lighter if possible)
-vBulletin 3 Compatible
-Fully Phrased - In the file: /root/includes/functions_livenotifications.php where are some phrases "hard coded". For example "new messages".
-Quick reply inside notifications - see image.
-Eliminate template edits?
-fix: missing db entry
-fix:friend request add new friend glitch
-ajax time display in notifications
v.6.0 Spec Mode
Moderator notifications drop down:
- Threads awaiting moderation
- Group messages awaiting moderation
- Picture comments awaiting moderation
- Visitor Messages awaiting moderation
- Album pictures awaiting moderation
- New users awaiting moderation
- Articles awaiting publication
-Calendar events awaiting modification
-Third party moderation notifications: See list of third party moderation notifications.
-Control what usergroup Ids can view the moderator notifications icon.
-Ajax vertical slider, ability to scroll in notifications drop down, that will load older notifications in drop down menu like facebook's.
-Ability to delete pms inside of notification dropdown
-Create a way so its easy for third party develops to quickly add a notification that will be compatible with vBNotifications. configuration and guide. Easy architecture for modification developers to interpret.
New Mod inside mod
@name Tagging. Users can use @name, and it will give the other user a notification that points to that thread. Whenever someone uses @, add notification and link to thread.
-Notification when your thread is stickied and link to that thread.
New Compatibility with mods:
- photopost: replies to your images, replies to favorite images, images awaiting moderation)
- vaultwiki (updates or replies to watched wikis, edits or replies awaiting moderation)
- Links and Download manager (replies to favorite entries, entries awaiting moderation)
-DBtech's thanks mod
- Kayako helpdesk: open tickets to manage.
-Status Update Notifications
- DownloadsII - Notifications
- Photopost VBGallery -Notifications
- [AJAX] Abe's Post Thank You Hack -Notifications
- vBadvanced Links Directory -Notifications
-Ignore notifications for certain forum IDs option in admincp.
-vBulletin default notifications should be ON for excluded usergroups.
New admin options:
-Option to hide avatars- Notifications
-Options in user panel to disable specific notifications. On/Off per notification type
-Default avatar image - admin can put a default avatar image in if no avatar exists.
-Avatar crop function to make square avatars from avatars with rectangle dimensions
-Would be great if plugin should stop fetching notifications after x seconds to increase performance
- -Bug: vBSEO Bug: -Status Update Notifications, when someone comments. Link to that comment.
- -Bug: with or without vbSEO, the "Show All Notifications" link does not load the Notifications tab. The link is PROFILE-URL#livenotifications instead of PROFILE-URL?tab=livenotifications#livenotifications
- Bug: When disabling the Friend request notifications in the CP the icon and menu still show up.
- Bug: Also I get some weird notifications telling me I have an "Arcade" notification. When I click on the link it gets me to my PM's I wrote at the time I received the Arcade notification.
v.6.1 - About to be released
Delay in editior screen. This can be resolved. There is no need for the request to conflict with the editor. I had this done for similar addons.
7.0 - Rough Draft of dev. (Re-write before dev)
-why you don't make enhancement on tagging system, to be like what FB has, with drop-down Ajax list of users during you typing the name, and don't show @ before the name it self and make the name linked to his profile.
-Being able to update the user avatar from the profile dropdown is great. It would be helpful if there text or some indicator that informs the user. If you don't know the features exists it may go unrecognized and unused by some users.
-Thumbs up notifications
-Emails for notifications, weekly, monthly, daily - similar to facebooks.
- Notifications through IM (XMPP/IM gateway).
Adding more notification methods will increase the impact of vbsocial to draw members to the site.
- Notifications through PUSH mobile apps
- Notifications through browser addons
- Notification grid similar to facebook and IPB, to allow users to select for which events they want to be notified and by which methods (on site, email, IM, Mobile, browser). Adding a notification grid will allow users to set which notifications they find important and give them control.
-pm integrations (merge)
-Fixed header or fluid. Complete redesign to work with all headers.
-vb3, vb4,vb5 compatibility.
-*bug*When I click on the star on my website it says I have 2 visitor messages we need approving, however I approved these earlier. (moderation fails to update)
-*bug* Not getting highlighted notifications for new items in moderation
-Complete Built in Like System. Add like me button inside per post or per thread. Users get a notification that shows up in their notifications. (Not a third part mod)
*bug* It should say Dave and 10 others have liked "Thread title" if more than one like on thread. Likes should also accumulate on thread as it does like Facebook. So where like button is "You and 3 other people liked this" Click on "3" other will open a pop-up like facebook's to view and scroll down users and images.